couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nicholas Orr <nicholas....@zxgen.net>
Subject Re: CouchDB vs. SQL
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 00:02:05 GMT
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 7:22 AM, sjtirtha <sjtirtha@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nitin,
>
> thanks for the explanation. I meant by SQL, for example MySQL/PostgreSQL.
> But as you told me, this should not be a show-stopper. Is CouchDB able to
> handle some huge application like Flicker/Facebook?
> Although, I will never come to develop such a huge application.

John Wood of TextMe kept notes on his migration to CouchDB from MySQL.
I think it would interest you:

"The wall was quickly approaching. After only a few short years, several of
our database tables had over a million rows, a handful had over 10 million,
and a few had over 30 million." Read More:
http://johnpwood.net/2009/06/15/couchdb-a-case-study/

Nick