couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Mee <>
Subject Re: Unexpected results using start/end keys on a reduced view.
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 01:31:09 GMT
  thanks for answering so quickly! - that makes sense now.
I guess I will have to have at least 4 views now..
One just on timestamp, another for first level ("HYD") and timestamp,
another for 1st and 2nd level ("HYD" and "SPR") and timestamp and lastly
one with 1st, 2nd and 3rd level with timestamp.

While this is a workaround, is there any chance in the future of making
the filtered on each key an option? e.g. multikey_filter=true

It would mean in my case I could see all the first levels groups that
have a 3rd level task of "foobar" without have having to write a special
view for this particular searching/calculation combination I may use.

Just a thought :)

On 24/08/09 09:49, Paul Davis wrote:
> Andrew,
>> I would have thought that since my startkey value is greater than the first
>> row this should only return the last 4 rows
> ["HYD","","",1250825660]<  ["HYD","SPR","blah",1250825378]
> Because ""<  "SPR". The first position that doesn't compare equal is
> going to determine the resulting order.
>> So my question is with using start/end keys should it filter on each
>> individual part of the key?
> Keys are sorted, not filtered. You'll just need to make more views to
> filter as appropriate.
> HTH,
> Paul Davis

View raw message