couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Borwankar <ni...@borwankar.com>
Subject JSONP callback param with couchdb -lucene
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2009 04:15:03 GMT

Hi all,

Need some help with the cdb-luc and jQuery integration.

I want to transform the results format from cdb-luc to a format that my
app likes. I want to do that via the JSONP callback param and some
jquery hoop-jumping.   Am curious if the syntax is as follows or
something else:-

.....?q=somequerytext&callback=somefuncname

then inside $.ajax() I would have

{
  url:  <my cdb luc url>?q=somequerytext&callback=somefuncname
  [....]
  dataType: "json",
  contentType: "application/json"
  [...]
  success:     somefuncname(data) { get data and transform it into
something recognizable to my app, do something with it } ;
  error:         complain(){....}

}

etc. and then the cdb-luc results will be magically stuffed into
somefunc() as data

Is this the right syntax for the ?q = part for all that to happen -
basically just macth the name in the callback param with the actual name
in the success: param in $.ajax() ?

Has anyone used the callback param sucessfully ?

Nitin Borwankar