couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Borwankar <>
Subject Re: MIME dump/load and implications
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 21:26:57 GMT

Hi Paul,

I never used the word replication - it should be possible to create a
REST based couchapp driven MIME transfer p2p web quiteindependent of
replication which is also cool.  Front the couchapp with the usual
auth-proxy stuff for now so only auth'ed people can communicate with you.

Just replace JSON with MIME in all the reference docs and make the URL's
point to a design doc that does the transformations.

On the way out it could be just _shows or an _list that takes multiple
objects and wraps them as a mime multipart.

On the way in set up some REST endpoints that take POST's, parse mime
multiparts ( jchris's mimeparser?)  convert to Couch docs, manage
attachments and puts them in _attachments ... and we're off to the races
- free user controlled, MIME-and-Mail-as-aplatform driven webmail apps
for all.
Yay Couch!

View raw message