couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Borwankar <ni...@borwankar.com>
Subject Re: callback=? parameter expected by jQuery $.ajax() causes couch to complain about bad URL
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2009 06:51:42 GMT
Paul Davis wrote:
>> b) this is what I was doing before I tried to make it work with the file://
>> But not using a callback=? param and using the following url - just to see
>> if I can get any json at all -
>>
>> $.get("http://localhost:5984/", function(data){ alert(data); } );
>>
>> gives me an alert with nothing in it.
>>

> Where are you loading this code from? Is it in an attachment on a doc
> in CouchDB? Can you perhaps make a simple HTML doc with some AJAX in
> it and try loading that from CouchDB to see what happens?

yes it is is in an html doc and is under _attachments
I invoke it via the url

http://localhost:5984/ptest2/_design/vt2/index_1.html

I made some progress - I added a type param "text" after the function

$.get("http://localhost:5984/", function(data){ alert(data); }, "text" );

and I do get the json as a string in the alert.

but when the type is "json" and I try alert(data.version) or
alert(data['version'])  I get "undefined".

$.get("http://localhost:5984/", function(data){ alert(data.version); }, "json" );
$.get("http://localhost:5984/", function(data){ alert(data['version']); }, "json" );

these give an alert that says "undefined".

I have just been unable to get the browser to interpret the response
from couch as "json".

Nitin

> Paul
>

>> Nitin
>>
>>> Then you can just make AJAX call's directly from the page without
>>> worrying about the callback parameter at all. This is probably what
>>> you want.
>>>
>>> If not, then you'll need to upgrade.
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>> Paul Davis