couchdb-user mailing list archives

From francisco treacy <francisco.tre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ids starting with " _" disallowed via Futon but not via HTTP doc api ?
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:39:59 GMT
Hi all,

I'm afraid I don't understand what is the current state of handling
underscore on keys.

When I PUT documents containing a key that starts with an
underscore... it works fine for me on CouchDB 0.9.

{"_id":"_design/surf","_rev":"1-455975032","_type": "mytype" }

However apparently for other people this does not, at least not on
CouchDB 0.9.1:

Response while PUTting:  HTTP 500:
{"error":"doc_validation","reason":"Bad special document member:
_type"}

Has it been changed at some point in 0.9? Does it have something to do
with the fact that the document is a design doc? Any other insights?

Thanks,

Francisco