couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Anand Chitipothu <anandol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sort by reduce value
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 03:49:33 GMT
2009/8/11 Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>:
> Anand,
>
> No, not at the moment. I and others have looked at implementing the
> necessary bits but there are some complex gotchyas when implementing
> some of the key bits. Specifically the step of persisting group=true
> output to a second btree is fairly tangly while trying to maintain the
> current API.

What if we treat the output a view as another virtual database with
ids as keys of the view result.

If we make
GET /db/_design/count/_db/by_count/foo
same as
GET /db/_design/count/_view/by_count?key=foo

Then we can add second level design docs at
/db/_design/count/_db/by_count/_design/sort. and that can be queried
as
GET /db/_design/count/_db/by_count/_design/sort/_all?key=foo.

Does it make sense? Is this something that you have already tried?

Anand