couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject announcing couchbeam, a new erlang couchdb library
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:07:20 GMT
Hi,

Quick mail to announce the release of couchbeam a new Erlang Couchdb
library. I spend last 4 days to write it because i didn't find
something that fit my needs. Also it was fun.

Couchbeam source code and downloads are on github :

http://github.com/benoitc/couchbeam/

Current features are :

* A full client in sync with latest CouchDB version
* Possible to use it as a simple standalone client (without starting
application and such).
* Multi node. You can use it easily with multiple databases
* It follows OTP principles if you want (supervised connections, ...)
* No dependancies. Http client use gen_recv and allow full streaming
of attachments.
* Views can be retrieved while they coming (See example
parse_incoming_view escript).
* Attachements are streamed and can be save on disk (or whatever you
want) while they coming.
* Authentification support.

Please let me know what you think about it. Any feedback is appreciated.

enjoy,

- benoƮt