couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updating views while inserting documents
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 18:17:50 GMT
On Jul 13, 2009, at 11:16 AM, Daniel Trümper wrote:

> - calling the view takes hours! at the moment: _1_ document every 5
> seconds!

Huh, do you mean that the Status item showing the progress of the
indexer only updates once every 5 seconds?  Or that downloading each
row of the view takes 5 seconds.

Do you have a reduce function for these views?

If it's the Status item that is updating slowly, it sounds a bit like
a problem Göran Krampe reported on the dev@ ten days ago:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/200907.mbox/%3c4A4E7F53.7010406@krampe.se%3e

At the time we assumed it was an issue with the reduce function "not
reducing enough", but if you're finding this same problem with a map-
only function then it really makes me wonder if we've got a more
serious issue.  Best,

Adam