couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jason Davies <ja...@jasondavies.com>
Subject Re: Sorting view queries
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 17:14:46 GMT
Hi Nils,

On 8 Jul 2009, at 15:11, Nils Breunese wrote:

> Chris Anderson wrote:
>
>> The pattern used on http://jchrisa.net/cal/_design/cal/index.html is
>> to emit once an hour for every hour the event is active, this way you
>> can always query for current events (use 15 minutes or 1 minute
>> granularity if that fits your model better)
>
> How do you 'emit once an hour'? Do you use a cronjob or something?

I think he just means do something like:

function (doc) {
   for (var d = doc.start_date; d < doc.end_date; d[3]++) {
     // do some stuff to push carries of hour up to day, month, year ...
     emit(d, ...);
   }
}

Here I'm assuming that doc.start_date and doc.end_date are in the
form: [year, month, day, hour].

Hope that helps,
--
Jason Davies