couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Valentin Kuznetsov <>
Subject transient errors with couch DB (re-post)
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 13:18:20 GMT
my original mail was not parsed correctly by mailing list, so I re-
post it.

I'm developing application based on couch db and time to time
experience different error messages and crashes with couch, version
0.9.0. We have a large documents, e.g. 64K, which split into 1K chunks
(rows) for bulk injection. Each time I inject new chunk I also invoke
1 GET request to fetch 1 row in order to force view to index data.

So here are error messages:

[error] [<0.12304.2>] Uncaught error in HTTP request: {exit,normal}

[error] [<0.30955.5>] {error_report,<0.23.0>,

[error] [<0.53.0>] {error_report,<0.23.0>,

=ERROR REPORT==== 2-Jul-2009::10:21:33 ===

So, I made a stand-alone program and to my surprise the errors are
transient. I re-run my stand-alone program with the same doc several
times and I can either inject all data just fine or get errors shown
above in no particular order (I mean I can see 1 or more errors and
none or either of those).

Originally I posted tar ball to this thread w/ my program, but it error
occurred on mailing list (may be it's not allowed to send
attachements), so
I decided to re-post my question without it. But if someone
interesting I can send it over.

Thank you,

View raw message