couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject RE: Map-reduce graph traversal in CouchDB?
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 09:02:58 GMT
You don't need to use JavaScript with CouchDB. There are plenty of libraries around [0] and
I know there is more than one for Ruby. Check out CouchRest [1] for instance.

Nils.

[0] http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Basics
[1] http://groups.google.com/group/couchrest

Van: David Beckwith [thirdreplicator@gmail.com]
Verzonden: maandag 6 juli 2009 4:16
Aan: user@couchdb.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: Map-reduce graph traversal in CouchDB?

Thank you for your replies.  I think I'm going to go with Neo4j for
now.  CouchDB looks really interesting though.

I just couldn't resist the true Ruby flavor of Neo4j.rb
http://github.com/andreasronge/neo4j/tree/master   Compared to the
seductive sexiness of Ruby syntax, JavaScript is still something I
like to avoid if possible...... just a personal preference.

It seems like if the graph traversal problem could be "solved" in
couchDB with a slick interface, it might be a compelling reason for
some to join the CouchDB camp.

David :)