couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Borwankar <ni...@borwankar.com>
Subject need to find the right doc or a working example for _list/_show for 0.9 release
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 03:07:17 GMT
Hi guys,

I am writing some list/show functions for a 0.90 CouchDBX db on Leopard.
I would like to get confirmation/repudiation that the current doc on the
wiki is  in sync with what 0.90 release version does.

I don't mind having to write this now and rewrite it when 0.10 comes along
but I don't have the liberty of working off trunk - people are doing work
using the  instance that cannot be disrupted.
So can anyone point me to list/show doc that is in sync with 0.90 release ?
I was planning to ge this done tonight - deliverable tomorrow afternoon -
its very small and the map/reduce views are done and working - I just need
to wrap this in bare html from list/show.

An hour or so of work with correct docs available - without them who knows
how long.  Hope someone can give a definitive pointer to a doc for 0.9
release list/show.

Thanks much,

Nitin

P.S. Also for ease of proliferation I would like to enter a strong request
to keep docs on wiki tied to released versions.  I would even go so far as
saying "0.90 and beyond" is meaningless when the trunk is changing and we
know that stuff could change in the future and that's fine - let's just say
"known to work with 0.9 release"
So I would suggest that on the wiki and in any docs looking even mildly
official we mention a single release version number and at least for now
make no guarantees about "....and beyond"

37% of all statistics are made up on the spot
Nitin Borwankar
nborwankar@gmail.com