couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Borwankar <ni...@borwankar.com>
Subject Re: HTTP view API param question
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:15:25 GMT
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:

> [... my ravings omitted ...]
>

> try:
>
> curl -X GET "http://localhost:5984/
> <dbname>/_design/<designdocname>/_view/<viewname>?descending=true&group=true"
>
> the quotes are necessary or else the shell treats the ampersand as a
> flag to run the process in the background, so couch never sees
> anything after the &, without the "s
>

> --
> Chris Anderson
> http://jchrisa.net
> http://couch.io

Drat! Of Course !! That has tripped me up before and I just plain blanked
out on the & in there.  Thanks much.

By the way is it possible to provide view params inside the map or reduce
code or can that only be done from the GET params.
For instance limit=100 and descending=true would be great to have inside the
code when doing Futon based prototyping/testing.

Nitin
Nitin