couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Trümper <truem...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Updating views while inserting documents
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 14:01:32 GMT
Hi,

sorry for the delay.

> You need to call one of the views.
Thanks.

> What version of couchdb? What version of erlang? What version of
> spidermonkey? What O/S?
CouchDB: 0.9.1 (from the svn branch)
Erlang: 5.6.5 OTP: R12B5
Spidermokey: 1.8.1.16
OS: Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04)

> Try updating to couchdb trunk at least erlang 12b5.
So the 0.9.x branch is not recommended?

A few more details. The database I am building the index for has
approximately 127.000 documents (240 MB). Until about 40% the index is
built without problems. After that it slows down really fast.

The views itself are quite simple. I currently have several views and
the emit functions are quite simple:

   emit( field, null );

   emit( doc._id, null );

   emit( [field, doc[field]], null );

   emit( field, doc[field] );

At 53% (i.e. 67200 document indexed) the view file is about 4.4GB.

Any ideas?

Daniel