couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Freddy Bowen <frederick.bo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Defining my document model when the source is entity-relationship
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:15:13 GMT
> Yeah, how I'm gonna handle relationships is the next major thing I've got
> to figure out. FRBR has its own concept of relationships, too, and I'm
> potentially leaning toward creating a "relationship" document type that
> handles them all back and forth. I can't help but feel I'm replicating too
> much of a relational database, were I to do that, but I fear how complex a
> map/reduce view would be with all these different document types floating
> around, cf. Damien's View Collation:
>
>  http://www.cmlenz.net/archives/2007/10/couchdb-joins

Exactly, that's a good write up.  I am now thinking, since you can emit
multiple view keys per doc, you could write views that essentially
materialize what you might consider your "relationship" document type, that
takes advantage of collated ordering to GET your individual WEMI entity docs
in using complex key ranges.

FB