couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Trümper <truem...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Updating views while inserting documents
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 13:38:35 GMT

>> ---snip-map--
>> function(doc) {
>>  for( var field in doc ) {
>>    if( field.indexOf('_') != 0 ) {
>>      emit( field, doc[field] );
>>    }
>> ---snip-map--
>
> If you emit([field, doc[field]], null);
>
> (ie, make the value itself part of the key) and a simple '_sum'
> reduce, then querying with group=true you should get that unique list?
Yes, indeed! Guess I have to do some more unlearning :)

But, I will for the time being use my current method of creating a
design document for each field the user want this information for.
Since users are now storing complex objects using my library, I want
to avoid all the complex and often large data to be indexed. So they
can now define for which fields the views are updated automatically...

Daniel