couchdb-user mailing list archives

From patrick flaherty <p...@well.com>
Subject Windows Server 2008 R2.
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 22:21:56 GMT
Hi,

I know it's not supported but tried anyway.  It being the precompiled,
windows 0.9.0 kit Nicholas pointed me to yesterday (as built
by Robert Hammond?).

That is on my machine at work.  Except work is Windows Server 2008 R2
(from MSDN) while where I finally got the kit running
last night was on my laptop, running XP SP3, at home.

Didn't really expect WS 2008 R2 to work, but am curious about the Erlang
crash trace (meaning, I want to become more
familiar with the Erlang code).

> Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.5 [async-threads:0]
>
> Eshell V5.6.5  (abort with ^G)
> 1> Apache CouchDB 0.0.0 (LogLevel=info) is starting.
> {"init terminating in do_boot",{{badmatch,{error,shutdown}},
> [{couch_server_sup,start_server,1},
> {erl_eval,do_apply,5},{erl_eval,exprs,5},{init,start_it,1},
> {init,start_em,1}]}}
>
> Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
> init terminating in do_boot ()
>

> Abnormal termination

Does 'badmatch' above indicate that the Erlang couch-server code looks
for the OS it's on and if it's an unsupported OS,
one gets this trace?

Where is there a good primer on Erlang (meaning, werl)?  Say, query it
for: cwd, OS environment variables, etc.

thanx - pat