couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Up-to-date ruby view server?
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 14:10:16 GMT
On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 06:40:48PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> In trunk there's a file test/query_server_spec.rb that will test your
> view server for correctness. Might help in getting a compliant
> implementation.

That was very helpful, thank you - it helped me spot my (stupid) error.
Everything is working now.

I have updated test/query_server_spec.rb to add ruby code for map and
reduce, which you can pick up from my repo:
http://github.com/candlerb/couchdb_ruby_view

Performance is good - benchmarks suggest 10-20% faster than Javascript view
server even with COUCHDB-399 patch. But security is awful. Better make sure
users can't write design documents or access _temp_view :-)

Regards,

Brian.