couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <>
Subject Re: CouchDB stopped - no reason why?
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 20:06:54 GMT
On 24.07.2009, at 16:50, Noah Slater wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 08:59:24AM +0200, Christopher Lenz wrote:
>> I've had this problem in the past on Debian when using the
>> precompiled
>> Erlang packages. Throwing that off the system and just installing
>> Erlang
>> from source made the problem go away. And this was not the first time
>> I've had obscure (and impossible to debug) problems with Erlang as a
>> system package on Debian.
> Interesting, and the first time I've heard about it.
> Did you file a bug so that me or Sergei Golovan could look into it?

No, because the problem didn't leave any trace of itself. No core
dump, nothing in any of the logs, nada. I have no information other
than "every couple of days, with greatly varying frequency, the
CouchDB process would simply be gone."

Not stuff that makes a useful bug report, unfortunately :/

Christopher Lenz
   cmlenz at

View raw message