We found, can't remember if it was an 0.8 or a 0.9 that - while you can/could create keys starting with an _underscore, the replication module wouldn't replicate databases with such keys. Even after you deleted them.

Jan Lehnardt wrote:
Re: ids starting with " _" disallowed via Futon but not via HTTP doc api ?

On 9 Jun 2009, at 07:41, Nitin Borwankar wrote:

> I am using CouchDBx 0.9 on my Mac -

I believe the _-enforcement is a trunk-only feature at this point.
CouchDBX will catch up once 0.10 is released (or if you compile
the core* yourself).

* http://github.com/janl/couchdbx-core/tree/master

Cheers
Jan