couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Wolff <awo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User Uniqueness Validation
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 22:37:32 GMT
You can't check then act with couchdb -- there are no transactions. I think
the only way to guarantee uniqueness is to try to put, using the natural
primary key as the id the of the document. We are doing this by putting a
document like this:{
    _id : "awolff@gmail.com",
    userId : [reference_to_user_sha]
}

This way, you can tell if the email address is claimed and take it all in
one shot. Then it's trivial to create views which accumulate the user data
as well.

HTH - it took us a while to figure this one out.