couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Restoring CouchDB
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 06:39:52 GMT
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 6:10 PM, hhsuper<hhsuper@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the same question, my remote server have ladp authentication, i can
> operate it with browser(use ldap user/pwd to login) ,
> so the replicate doesn't work, is there any other ways to restore the remote
> couchdb database to my local

If you can access CouchDB with a browser you can replicate from it
using a CouchDB on your local machine.

However, if you meant you *can't* access it with a browser, then there
are other options. The simplest is probably to copy the database file
(.couch) to your local machine using rsync or some other remote copy
utility. This requires that you be running the same CouchDB version on
both machines.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net