couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Named view required for list?
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 19:23:24 GMT
On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 3:40 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On 5 Jun 2009, at 11:49, Nils Breunese wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'd like to write a list function to render a database as a CSV file.
>> According to the wiki [0] the URL looks like this:

>> So, a named view is required to run a list function? I'd like to dump the
>> complete database to CSV. Of course I could write a simple view function
>> that emits all documents, but it would be nice if I could just run the list
>> function on the database without using a view.
>>
>> Is this a technical limitation or design decision? Any ideas on this?
>
> We could special-case the _all_docs view.

I think we should offer lists on the _all_docs view. It will be a
smallish Erlang patch, if anyone feels like it.

I doubt I'll have time to implement, but this is a feature we'll want
and should be simple to write. If you take it up, please discuss your
progress on the @dev list

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net