couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dump and load a db containing the lucene design doc
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2009 04:25:35 GMT
On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Nitin Borwankar <nitin@borwankar.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a database that has a design document that triggers couchdb-lucene
> indexing  ( the exact name slips my mind ).
> If I dump the db and load it into a different db on same couch installation
> - the new db now has the doc that triggers lucene indexing - but when does t
> the lucene indexing actually happen - on load?  On first lucene query ?
>
> Note I am asking about lucene's indexing not couchdb's
>
> Nitin

Nitin,

couchdb-lucene indexes databases asynchronously which means, "shortly
after the design doc shows up, but not at a deterministic boundary
like doc insert or first query. Last I heard Robert talking, he was
either going to (or has already) implemented the familiar "Every N
docs or M seconds" scheme, so it should be configurable either way.

Paul Davis