couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Melo <>
Subject Re: Startup error
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 18:59:44 GMT

I've hunted down the bug, and it stems from a problem in spidermonkey.
Depending on the architecture/compiler, spidermonkey overrides some
bit fiddling operations with builtins. Unfortunately, the logic is
wrong and it tries to override the code with a non-existent builtin.
Lines 108-117 were the culprits in jsbit.h. By commenting out the
#defines, I was able to get the test suite to run successfully. Before
I started romping through spidermonkey, I updated couch to the svn
trunk, but I was still getting the same error. I'm going to try and
check with the spidermonkey people to see about getting it fixed in
the libraries.

thanks for your help,

Andrew Melo

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Noah Slater<> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 05:52:22PM -0500, Andrew Melo wrote:
>> This may not be the best forum for this, but how can you force erlang
>> to compile in 32bit?
> I'm not sure, sorry.
> The #erlang channel on Freenode has been helpful to me in the past though.
> Might want to ask in there?
> If you figure it out, could you update the error messages page on the wiki?
> Thanks,
> --
> Noah Slater,

View raw message