couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Melo <mel...@fnal.gov>
Subject Re: Startup error
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 18:59:44 GMT
Noah,

I've hunted down the bug, and it stems from a problem in spidermonkey.
Depending on the architecture/compiler, spidermonkey overrides some
bit fiddling operations with builtins. Unfortunately, the logic is
wrong and it tries to override the code with a non-existent builtin.
Lines 108-117 were the culprits in jsbit.h. By commenting out the
#defines, I was able to get the test suite to run successfully. Before
I started romping through spidermonkey, I updated couch to the svn
trunk, but I was still getting the same error. I'm going to try and
check with the spidermonkey people to see about getting it fixed in
the libraries.

thanks for your help,
Andrwe

--