couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject event on database creation
Date Sat, 27 Jun 2009 09:50:24 GMT
Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to have notification on database
creation/deletion. Any idee how it could be done. For now i just
polling list of all dbs in a node, but I wonder if there is any mean
to just listen ? I had a look on :

_changes: per database so not usefull here
update notification: my understanding is that it work only on stat level
_stats: ? Maybe this one  could help me by listening on
/_stats/couchdb/open_databases a get list of dbs when it changes, but
i'm not sure about it.

other way ? imo having a general _changes handler and listening on
_changes/db for per db may be usefull. What do you think about it ?

- benoit