couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject reduce limit
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:34:46 GMT
I'm trying to figure how reduce limit is calculated . When I see the
code of main.js/view.js I have :

------------snippet
if (query_config && query_config.reduce_limit &&
          reduce_length > 200 && ((reduce_length * 2) > line.length)) {

      throw {
        error:"reduce_overflow_error",
        reason: "Reduce output must shrink more rapidly. Current
output: '"+ reduce_line +"'"

      };
    } else {

      print("[true," + reduce_line + "]");
    }
------------ / snippet

but while logging value, line.length is always 2 so if I send a value
length > 200 reduction always failed until I set reduce_limit to
false.

Why limiting values returned by reduce to 200 ? Is it fair to return
when not grouping by key a single hash or anything else of values >
200 (see my previous mail) ?

- benoƮt