couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject RE: view sorting and group question?
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 13:34:58 GMT
ExtJS is not the only approach. There is a DataTable control for YUI, and the DataTables plugin
for jQuery for instance. I've used the jQuery plugin myself and it was pretty easy.

Nils Breunese.

Van: Nicholas Orr [nicholas.orr@zxgen.net]
Verzonden: maandag 22 juni 2009 5:01
Aan: user@couchdb.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: view sorting and group question?

You could use another tool like ExtJS on the client side to filter and sort
results.
I'm using the Ext.grid.GridPanel with a Ext.ux.data.JsonPagingStore.

However there are things to consider with this particular approach.
The JsonPagingStore retrieves the whole set of data returned from the
view and stores it client side to filter
& sort.
Using start_key & end_key doesn't apply so if your data grows to be like
2000 records, 2000 records will be loaded by the grid :)

I won't reach 30 records with what I'm doing so it's fine to have 30 records
coming down the wire to the client.

Plus other thing to consider with this approach is it means learning ExtJS
which isn't exactly simple, take a bit of effort ;)

Nick