couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Intermittent HTTP 500's
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 04:23:35 GMT

On Jun 18, 2009, at 9:11 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

> Curt,
>
> Is it just me or do some of those URL's have semicolons where there
> should be ampersands? I don't think its necessarily relevant though.
> My first guess is that your client is closing the socket before the
> body has been completely sent.
>
> HTH,
> Paul Davis

Semicolons and ampersands should be equivalent, per the HTML 4.01
recommendation, semicolons are preferred since they do not require
escaping when they appear in HTML or XML documents.

The problem only appears to occur in POST requests with multiple
keys.  I've added fallback behavior to my app to request the same data
key by key which will work around the 500 error that occurs on the
POST request.

I've observed failures when the request body is about 1000 characters,
possibly running into a problem with the request being too large or
perhaps the response is taking too long.  The server message is no
help in understanding what could be going on without a knowledge of
CouchDB internals.