couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Fred Bowen <>
Subject Re: couchdb and linked data
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:57:24 GMT
> I am actively exploring the use of couchdb for our group.  However, I have
> a few questions related to couchdb and linked data approaches (Ref:
> and "cool uri's" (Ref:

Welcome!  You might have missed<>

Yes, you may send a redirect:

Question:  Is it possible for couchdb to take a method GET request for a URI
> like:[some_doc_id]<>and
render different views of the stored JSON (say as XHTML or RDF) based on
> the ACCEPT header.  Note, converting from JSON to some other format is "just
> programming".  I am curious about if there is a mechanism within couchdb
> that would expose the ACCEPT header to code.

Response format can change based on content type request headers:

Can a view see/get HTTP header information?

Show/list functions receive a request object, which has access to header
information such as: