couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <n.breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: couchdb and linked data
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:08:30 GMT
Douglas Fils wrote:

>   Thanks much!  I did in fact miss this.  Wow..  I'm really excited now
> about couchdb's potential in a linked data ecosystem.

Yes, being able to write show functions is nice, but you'll have to
request another URL if you want the document in a non-JSON format, which
is not really the REST way of doing business.

Of course you can just always request the show function URL, also for
JSON output, but AFAIK the output of show functions is not prerendered
by CouchDB (yet?), so performance-wise it might be better to go to the
document-URL itself directly if you want JSON. Are there any plans to
(maybe optionally) prerender the output of show functions? Maybe this is
even possible for list functions if heads, rows and tails are
prerendered separately?

Nils Breunese.