couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Wojciech Kaczmarek <kaczmare...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: default values via validate_doc_update?
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:00:13 GMT
On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 17:53, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:

>> Is it possible to set attributes of a new doc within
>> validate_doc_update? I think I've read about it, well, can't google it
>> now and also it doesn't seem to work.. so was it my imagination?
>
> Hi Wotjek, it's not allowed because the document validation functions run during replication.
 There's been talk of an _update handler that would serve this purpose.  It's not in trunk
yet, though.  Cheers,

Ok. I subscribed dev@ only recently, can you point me to some archived
talk about _update? Apache archives seem to not have a convenient
search and I'd be happy to read about it

TIA,
Wojtek