couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: 'Grouping' documents so that a set of documents is passed to the view function
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 07:15:38 GMT
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 01:32:44PM +0800, hhsuper wrote:
>    also the sorting need to be support
>    with any col of the returned keys and returned values, but now it's
>    difficult to impl that with couchdb, isn't it?

You need multiple views with couchdb, just as with an RDBMS you need
multiple indexes. (Well, with the RDBMS you don't *need* multiple indexes,
but if you don't have them, the query will end up doing whole table scans,
which may result in excessive amounts of slow disk I/O. In other words,
you're hiding the problem and storing it up to bite you later)