couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can I get csv data format from couchDB?
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:49:46 GMT
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 09:11:22AM -0700, Chris Anderson wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Noah Slater<nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 09:24:31AM -0500, Nathan Stott wrote:
> >> Use show and list functions to return CSV data.
> >> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Formatting_with_Show_and_List
> >
> > Sigh. This would be better done with JSON Transformations.
>
> Not sure what you mean. JSON Transformations is a technique that can
> be implemented in whatever language you choose. I didn't look for a
> JavaScript library but if there's not one, it should be easy to build.

Antony Blakey and I started an effort to produce an Internet Draft that would
standardise a syntax for JSON diffs and transformations, in a similar spirit to
existing XML diffs and XSLT. Unfortunately, this process broke down because we
disagreed about splitting the draft into two standards.

My sigh was because this should be standardised outside of CouchDB.

This is more my own failing than anything.

Best,