couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I'd like a dish of JavaScript Awesome, please!
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 01:29:34 GMT
Benoit,

Buzzkill.

http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html

Looks like a gray area. I wonder if a gzipped version that's
decompressed on the fly is considered binary compatible. Or minified
JS. Didn't I see a post by RMS that minified JS constitutes binary-ish
distribution?

Quoting RMS:

The source code of a program is the preferred form for modifying it;
the compacted code is not source code, and the real source code of
this program is not available to the user. [1]

So, all we need to do is minify it and we're good (cause no one argues
with the RMS).

Paul Davis

[1] http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.html