couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: corrupted database file
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 22:52:28 GMT
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Peter Hsu <phsu@abaca.com> wrote:
> What does "tail-append" headers mean?
>
> Is there anything that can be done in the current version to avoid this?
> (aside from ensuring there is always disk space)

Its a planned feature so that instead of overwriting the header at the
beginning of the file we just append a new header to the end of the
file. In the future when you have a weird file truncation we can just
walk backwards through the db to get the last valid version assuming
there's no corruption in the middle of the file.

HTH,
Paul Davis