couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Tom Nichols <tmnich...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Insert performance
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 16:59:14 GMT
Thanks Jason.

I removed the EBS volume and things seemed a little faster.  CouchDB
is actually saturating the CPU now, so it looks like I'm getting
"accurate" benchmarks now.  i.e. I'm actually exercising CouchDB and
I'm not limited by some hardware/OS latency.

So I had 10 concurrent ruby processes performing batch inserts into
two test databases.  After 2 hours, I have 1.1M documents (1.5 GB) in
each database, for a total of 2GB and 2.2 million documents.  Does
this still seem slow?

Thanks.
-Tom