couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I'd like a dish of JavaScript Awesome, please!
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 15:49:55 GMT
2009/5/22 Ben Browning <ben324@gmail.com>:
> http://thinkingconcurrently.com/2009/05/21/running-bespin-on-the-couch-pt1.html
>
> Installed as a CouchApp (several hundred MB, thousands of files...)
> and most UI pieces work. None of the filesystem is implemented yet but
> I've got a clear idea of what needs to be done there and expect to get
> a good bit of that done over the weekend. By sometime next week you
> should be able to create and edit fully functional CouchApps within
> Bespin, including editing Bespin itself.
>
> I'll post another update when I've got more to show.
>
> Ben

So it will be a couchapp to create other couchapp ? Why not just
providing as a futon replacement? I'm not sure that creating a db and
a design_doc is the right way to do this. I mean It looks weird, also
not secure to have to create  a db & such rto create another db.

I mean it's really cool and a really good start but in my mind bespin
and couchapp admin could be another tool unde _utils or better
_couchapps. What do you think about it ?

- benoƮt