couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB x RDF databases comparison
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 12:24:05 GMT
2009/5/7 Demetrius Nunes <demetriusnunes@gmail.com>:
> Hi there,
>
> We are evaluating new technologies for managing semi-structured data and
> documents in one of our applications. We've got tired of wrestling
> relational databases for this.
>
> I would like to know why would I prefer to use CouchDB instead of a RDF
> database, such as Sesame ou Mulgara.
>
> I know some of the RDF advantages, such as open standards, interoperability,
> rules engines, semantic queries, community and tool support, maturity, etc.
>
> But I really like the simplicity of the CouchDB model.
>
> Can anyone enlighten me?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Demetrius
>
> --
> ____________________________
> http://www.demetriusnunes.com

There is a draft for rdf-json here :
http://n2.talis.com/wiki/RDF_JSON_Specification

So it may be possible to store rdf as json and then using _show &
_list to format the output you need.

If you need sparql endpoint it may be build via an external I  guess
or even a proxy. I'm currently explorating both. The only problem I
have currently is that' you can't query document per field. I'm
somehow missing json query and json path for that .

- benoƮt