couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Debasish Ghosh <ghosh.debas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: View Server clarifications
Date Fri, 15 May 2009 13:05:19 GMT
Ok .. after some more debugging sessions, it looks like the problem is with
launching of the view server script. I tried with some debug statements
(even something that writes to a file), but got nothing. The couchdb log
shows references to the script, but I think it cannot do a launch of it. The
script is written in Scala and begins with the usual stuff of shell
invocation ..

#!/bin/sh
exec ~/software/scala/scala-2.7.4.final/bin/scala -classpath
~/projects/util/lib/dispatch.jar -nocompdaemon "$0" "$@"
!#
//.. scala code here

The script runs ok when I invoke it from shell. But looks like it gets into
some problem when invoked by CouchDB. Futon also comes up with the following
error ..

Error: badmatch

{{nocatch,{invalid_json,<<"!!!">>}},
 [{couch_os_process,prompt,2},
  {couch_query_servers,'-start_doc_map/2-fun-0-',2},
  {lists,foreach,2},
  {couch_query_servers,start_doc_map,2},
  {couch_view_updater,view_compute,2},
  {couch_view_updater,update,1}]}

And here are some more errors from couch.log ..

[Fri, 15 May 2009 12:29:50 GMT] [error] [<0.3878.1>] {error_report,<0.22.0>,
              {<0.3878.1>,supervisor_report,
               [{supervisor,{local,couch_secondary_services}},
                {errorContext,child_terminated},
                {reason,{{nocatch,{invalid_json,<<"!!!">>}},
                         [{couch_os_process,prompt,2},
                          {couch_query_servers,'-start_doc_map/2-fun-0-',2},
                          {lists,foreach,2},
                          {couch_query_servers,start_doc_map,2},
                          {couch_view_updater,view_compute,2},
                          {couch_view_updater,update,1}]}},
                {offender,[{pid,<0.3879.1>},
                           {name,view_manager},
                           {mfa,{couch_view,start_link,[]}},
                           {restart_type,permanent},
                           {shutdown,brutal_kill},
                           {child_type,worker}]}]}}

[Fri, 15 May 2009 12:29:50 GMT] [error] [<0.4645.1>] Uncaught error in HTTP
request: {error,
                                 {case_clause,
                                  {{nocatch,{invalid_json,<<"!!!">>}},
                                   [{couch_os_process,prompt,2},