couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Aljord <patc...@gmail.com>
Subject need help for a query
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 23:39:46 GMT
Hey all,

I have a blog with many posts and many comments done by many users, a
comment has a post_id, a user_id and a created_at holding the creation
date of the comment.

I would like to query the 20 latest comments done only by user X, Y
and Z together, that is to say, if user X did the 20 latest comments
then it should return those 20 latest comments done by x only, but if
not, it should return for example something like 10 comments done by
X, 7 comments done by Y and 3 by Z, I hope you get the idea. And I
want them to be ordered by created_at.

I don't think there is a way to do so with one query only. What would
be the best way to do this query with couchdb?

Thanks in advance,

Pat