couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Wolff <awo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestions on View performance optimization/improvement
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 17:26:49 GMT
Related question though: can you use include_docs=true with reduce, or
do you have to make a separate query?

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 10:16 AM, kowsik <kowsik@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would highly recommend that you do emit(doc.field, null) so that the
> key space doesn't get unwieldy and large. Since the id of the document
> is part of the map results, you can always fetch it using
> include_docs=true.
>
> K.
>
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Manjunath Somashekhar
> <manjunath_somashekhar@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> hi All,
>>
>> We have been using couchdb (built out of trunk) for prototyping an idea and would
like to thank and congratulate you folks for a simple and usable schema free db.

>> We plan to store few million documents in couchdb and we would like to create couple
of views to fetch the data appropriately. We have inserted a million documents (each containing
about 20 fields). We are indexing/creating a view on a particular field of the document. The
map function of the view is simple straight forward emit (emit(doc.field, doc)). It takes
about 90 mins to build the required B-Tree index the first time. All the subsequent queries
are performing extremely well (milli second responses). Can anything be done to reduce the
90 mins taken to build the required B-Tree index the first time?