couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: test suite stats error on cent5/64 on vmserver 2.0
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 22:02:26 GMT
On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Peter Hsu <phsu@abaca.com> wrote:
> I did a fresh install of couch 0.9.0 on a cent5 64 bit VMWare instance.
>
> All tests pass except for the "stats" test.  I get the following error:
>
> # Assertion 'open_databases > 0 && max >= open_databases, name' failed:
should keep the same number of open databases when reaching the max_dbs_open limit

> Unfortunately, it passes sometimes and at other times it does not.  Can someone describe
what this actually means?

I think this is an artifact of sometime the shutdown order of some
internal gen_servers being non-deterministic. Damien has fixed the
root cause in the last few days, you can read his commit messages and
the code if you want to see the details. Regardless, the test suite
now passes without errors (or the appearance of errors.)

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net