couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Only getting "eacces" after port install on Mac OS X
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2009 23:52:10 GMT
Madoc,

>From what you describe it sounds very much like the couchdb user is
unable to write to the lib directory. I'm not extensively familiar
with the ports version, but you'll want to make sure that the lib
directory is writable by the user running couchdb. I know you said
that you changed the owner but some things to double check:

My guess is that the couchdb lib directory for a port installed
version is at /opt/local/lib/couchdb

You need to make sure that this directory has write permissions for
the user running couchdb. You might want to try something like:

    $ sudo chown -R couchdb:couchdb /opt/local/lib/couchdb

Also, you can check the ini files for the root directory to make sure
that the lib direcotry is /op/local/lib/couchdb if things are still
broken. Also, you can double check that the beam process is running as
the couchdb user with top.

Other than that, I haven't got many pointers, but seeing as couchdb
starts and you can visit futon this definitely sounds like a weird
permissions error.

HTH,
Paul Davis