couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Computer died while trying to load couchDB. Help!
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2009 02:46:03 GMT
Lloyd,

This is the second time in a couple days that I've seen reports of a
traceback like that. The last time it had something to do with
Firefox. AFAIK that bit of traceback is not at all related to CouchDB.
I can say for sure that its not Erlang. When you say you went to look
up libtoolize on the net you were using Firefox or some other browser.
The libtoolize error means you don't have a proper libtool
installation. You should be able to solve that with something like
`sudo apt-get install libtool` on the command line.

My only suggestion would be to try a different browser.

HTH,
Paul Davis

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 9:48 PM,  <lloyd@paisite.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running Ubuntu Hardy on a Lenovo ThinkPad.
>
> Today, while trying to load couchdb in preparation for Chris Anderson and Jan Lehnardt's
couchdb University session on Monday, my computer died.

> Here'swhat happened:
>
> 1) I updated and upgraded Ubuntu
> 2) I loaded SpiderMonkey
> 3) I downloaded couchdb from subversion as per http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_from_source
> 4) I cd to couchdb
> 5) I tried to enter ./bootstrap && ./configure but...
>
> Got this error message: line 49: libtoolize: command not found
>
> So I thought to look up libtoolize on the net. But...
>
> I got this big orange warning: ASSERT:**** Search:_installLocation:engine has no file!
Stacktrace yada yada 14: onxblkeypress(object keyboardEvent])