couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestions on View performance optimization/improvement
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 19:30:18 GMT
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Manjunath Somashekhar
<manjunath_somashekhar@yahoo.com> wrote:

> hi All,
>
> Would like to thank you all for such fantastic participation. Got to learn a lot apart
from the question i asked :).

> I did make a change as kowsik suggested - although aware of the include_docs feature
nvr thought it would make such a big difference. The results are pretty amazing - the view
generation completes in about 25 mins - just one execution. Will need to perform a few more
runs before getting a good average time.

Wow, that's way beyond what I would've expected. Do please try and get
some solid numbers on this. Perhaps we should start a wiki section to
try and gather some number reports for reference?