couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Wang <javap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: map/reduce function question
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 06:09:44 GMT
Sorry I think I made a mistake stating the problem.

I have the following 4 docs:

{"name": "foo", "prop": "value1"}
{"name": "bar", "prop": "value2"}
{"name": "foo", "prop": "value3"}
{"name": "bob", "prop": "value4"}

How to write the map/reduce functions so that I can get a view which returns
the total number of unique name's?  In this case, the result should be 3.

-- Kevin