couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Andrius Juozapaitis <andri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to ensure transactions over multiple documents?
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 11:18:25 GMT
Antony: I was assuming (given a replication scenario) that I'll be
using one node as a  master, and spring would only access this node
for updates, while the others would be used for reading only.

Sven: This solution would simply throw an exception from spring DAO
layer if the object you're trying to update is already being modified
by another thread, before even accessing couch - so no need to
rollback the intermediate state. Couchdb would also throw exception,
if you're trying to modify using an old revision number, as usual.

regards,
Andrius Juozapaitis