couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Farmiloe <chrisfa...@oxdi.eu>
Subject bad_utf8_character_code
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:39:57 GMT

A strange character has gotten into several of my documents and is
preventing any of my views from working raising:

{error_info,
            {exit,
                {ucs,{bad_utf8_character_code}},
                [{xmerl_ucs,from_utf8,1},
                 {mochijson2,json_encode_string,2},
                 {mochijson2,'-json_encode_proplist/2-fun-0-',3},
                 {lists,foldl,3},
                 {mochijson2,json_encode_proplist,2},
                 {couch_httpd,send_json,4},
                 {couch_httpd,handle_request,4},
                 {mochiweb_http,headers,5}]}},

Would it not be better if couch simply left a warning in the log and
returned the documents without the characters that the ucs could not
understand?